Stuart Zadel shares one of the touching stories he’s ever heard. It’s from a client named Lynn. And it’s about her dad’s mango tree. Thus, The Mango Story.
Just recently, I received a special birthday present – a ‘Mango In A Box’ from a client named Lynn. It’s come with a very inspiring context, so let me share to you the story.
THE MANGO STORY
This is what Lynn wrote in her card:
About 6 years ago, dad (Richard) decided to plant a mango tree! He had moved onto his retirement farm and he wanted to sit on the back porch eating a fresh grown ‘mango’ – his favourite fruit – that he had grown himself.
At that time, a lot of his friends and his family told him he was CRAZY – “Just buy a mango,” “mangoes take a long time to grow,” etc.
However, dad ignored these cries and he planted a mango tree.
Then came the voices of doubt. “You’re too old to ever get fruit from that tree!” Dad has often been confronted by the ‘too old’ ideal.
Well, he planted his tree and he looked after it. He hangs torches on it at night to control bats. He talks about his tree to all his friends. It is one of his most prized possessions.
Now, the Mango Tree is a constant source of amazement to everyone who knows my dad.
This year, he picked 150 mangoes from such a small tree.
Back then, he was 79 when he planted the tree. He will turn 85 this year.
Right now, dad continues to find his projects to keep his life active, interesting and productive. As he likes to say, “ignore the drone of the downers!”
Wow! What a special present and what an inspiring story from Lynn about her dad Richard!
THE MORAL OF THE MANGO STORY
Now, what’s this got to do with property and wealth creation you ask?
See, this story pretty much sums up the journey we all have to go through in this country for all achievement.
1. It starts with telling those around you, those ‘friends’, what you want to do.
2. Then, they’ll tell you why you can’t, why you’re crazy, and why you’re wasting your time.
3. Next, your own self doubts kick in. What if they are right?
4. But then you say, ‘Stuff it, I’m going to do it anyway!’.
5. So you have to do the work. You feed it, water it, and nurture it.
6. Finally, you enjoy the fruits of your labour for all the rest of your days of your life. You get immeasurable joy in sharing it with those you love and care about, you pass it down to your children, and them to theirs, and you inspire everyone else in the process.
If you think about it, it’s the same process in property. Just like Lynn’s dad above, all you need is a dream and to get started and to ‘ignore the drone of the downers’.
So if you’re ready to get started on your own dreams and plans, or take them to the next level, I don’t know any better place to come than my very special Ultimate Property and Positive Cashflow Conference Final Events 2017.